Evans providers tend to the treatment needs of those who have alcohol dependencies. If you or a loved one has an alcohol addiction, we can help. Please read more to learn about the services we offer.
The providers with Evans treat our patients with Naltrexone
- What is Naltrexone? Naltrexone works with the receptors in the brain to stop the craving for alcohol. It’s an effective medication because it will make patients who do drink alcohol very sick - meaning that it decreases the likelihood that they will drink while on Naltrexone.
Medication is important, but our providers believe it is of the utmost importance to also make sure that the patient is being taken care of mentally.
- Our providers will take a compassionate approach to treating patients with an alcohol dependency. We understand the tough impacts that alcoholism that bring upon one’s life - we are here to address those issues and make sure that you can get the help you need to resolve them and get back to a study, safe, and happy life.
Along with medication and mental evaluation, we require that our patients seek outside assistance and support.
- AA meetings are greatly encouraged here at Evans. The 12 step program has proved it can be a successful route for those suffering from addiction since it’s inception in the 1930s.
- Getting to know a sponsor is a huge element to surviving an addiction. Someone to call on and seek advice from is an invaluable resource and something the providers at Evans believe to be immensely powerful.
- Check out the full list of the cities in Maine that offer alcoholics anonymous meeting locations and times here.